Healing Crystals Guide 2021 | Finding the Right Crystal for beginners
To some people, crystals are the portal to a high-vibing, natural, healing realm, to others...they’re rocks.
So whether you’re stuck grasping their true value or are already on board with wanting to benefit from their healing properties, here’s a beginners guide with everything you should know from picking your crystal to setting your intentions and loads more!
Let go of any preconceived ideas
Chances are I’ve heard every opinion under the sun about what workmates, friends’ cousins’ second-cousins, the postman and even what the neighbour's cat thinks about crystals, and let me tell you, although they're quick to dismiss, most of them (felines included) have never looked into crystals.
To make sure your mind is truly blown, I’ll just drop some quick facts:
- Have you got a laptop? Mobile phone? LCD screen? Well, you may not know but the ‘C’ in LCD actually stands for crystal. Silica dioxide or better known as quartz is crucial to these devices as (are you ready for it) it’s able to store large amounts of ‘data’. So much so, you wouldn’t be reading this article if it wasn’t for crystals. They’re also essential to phonograph needles, watches, and microcomputers.
- Healing crystals are made up of energy. Research into atom structure over the last few hundred years has found that everything in our entire universe is made up of energy. Look around the room, everything you see right now is really just vibrations of energy at the most fundamental levels. Plus, all crystals and gemstones are living organisms and are structured in such a way that they respond to the inputs of all different energies around them,… convinced yet?
- Crystals are used in medications. Many pharmaceuticals are actually made by grinding up minerals that form inside of healing crystals. Woah!
- Quartz makes up 12% of the Earth’s crust. Many crystals are as old as our planet. That’s OLD.
- Clear quartz has been used since the beginning of time. Ancient cultures all over the world relied on healing crystals and stones to align, clear and transform their energy, spirit and physical health. Including, Ancient Greeks, Romans, The Hindu Vedas, Indigenous tribes and Tibetan Buddhists to name a few.
Now that I’ve basically dropped the mic on all your preconceived opinions… let’s get going with how we make the most of these incredible gifts of nature.
How do you want to use crystals?
Crystals can be used in many ways, from meditation and healing, to being placed around the home as protectors, so make sure you set your intention of how you want to use them.
How to pick the right crystal
There’s no one technique to choosing the right crystal because, truth be told, the crystal chooses you. More often than not, when we’re vibrating at a low frequency or otherwise ‘feeling the feels’, a crystal will possess the exact energy you’re after. And it’s not always easy to pick just one, with so many crystals out there, it’s easy to get overwhelmed.
If you’re not sure whether you’re drawn to a crystal just because it’s shinyyyyyyyy or because you’re interested in its unique story and healing properties, here’s some things to consider:
- Choose a crystal by looking up a crystal for what you want to heal. E.g body part, emotion or chakras (7 centres of energy in the human body).
- Match its essential function to your aspirations.
- Always go with your initial response or ‘gut feeling’
- But mostly...don’t overthink it
How to cleanse your new crystal
Once you’ve picked the crystal to suit you, you want to cleanse it to rid the energy of all the many hands that touched it before you. Here at RETREALM, we do our best to ensure that our crystals are handled to a limited extent. This is one of the great perks of being an online store, as we’re able to babysit your crystals with care until they’re in your hands. But we should mention, that there’s no telling of how many hands that your crystal has been touched with before it reaches us.
But there’s no need to worry! There are plenty of ways to recharge its energy, including:
- Running it under clean water e.g tap or even more ideal a stream, the ocean or in rain.
- Infuse it in smoke e.g incense, palo santo stick or sage.
- Grounding them by placing hem on the earth e.g dirt, grass.
- Placing them in a room with high-vibrational music
- Most popularly, depending on which crystal, placing them under the sun or moon
- Pair your crystal with either a selenite or quartz crystal as they have the ability to cleanse
Set an intention and tell your crystal to help a sister out
You may not know this, but just like crystals, our thoughts have the ability to create powerful vibrations throughout the planet. This makes setting intentions an extremely effective tool for creating a world of Divine happiness and basically, going all Ariana ‘I want it, I got it’.
By clearing narrowing down your goals, aspirations and purpose and saying them out loud, not only are you bringing your intentions to life, you’re magnetising them.
And by doing this with a crystal in hand, you can only imagine the cosmic potential. Why not try something along the lines of:
“I ask that the Divine connects me with my highest self to clear any stagnant energy or previous energy and instead welcome in vibrant energy of love and light, I ask that this crystal holds the intention of [and state your intention].”
How to use my healing crystal
Now you’ve cleansed and set the intention of your beautiful new crystal, it’s time to use it in your everyday life. “How” you exclaim? Like this:
- Set up a sacred space or alter: mines in my bedroom, and is a place where I come to meditate and set intentions. It’s packed with an abundance of crystals with gratitude and love… oh and lots of sage.
- Carry it in your bag or pocket, or wear it daily (bras a great for that kind of thing). Of course...size matters!
- Meditate holding your crystal
How to look after my crystal
Like humans, crystals absorb and hold onto both positive and negative energy. Make sure you’re cleansing and charging them and giving them all the love they deserve!
This is just the beginning of the endless wonders that crystals can bring to your life. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments and I’d love to know how you use your crystals! If you aren't already.... follow us on Instagram @retrealm.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Retrealm Blog
GUIDE to Creating a Calm Space at Home 2021 | 3 ways to turn your home into a self-isolation relaxing realm
Despite there being talk of relaxed social distancing rules in Australia, there's still time to honour how to best deal with life at home when things shift completely out of our control.
Here are 3 ways to set up a zen realm at home that will make you feel relaxed in ANY stressful situation:
Journaling for beginners guide 2021 | Journaling For Anxiety and Stress and to Help You Find Your Life Purpose
There are many times in our daily rigmarole that we feel we lose track of ourselves. It’s bound to happen when things like technology, tasks and time take hold. Trust me, it happens to the best of us and guess what!? It’s completely okay, but what I will say is at some point you deserve to reclaim yourself.
It’s with this thought in mind that I share my best-loved journaling practices that will help gently and unassumingly guide you back to your path.